Knysna Lagoon accommodation is offered in one of the Knysna Houseboats, that can also be parked at the charter base in Thesen Island.
Knysna Houseboats allows you to be the captain of your own Knysna sailing holiday. Each houseboat accommodates up to 4 adults or a family of 5 during an unforgettable Knysna getaway. A short navigational course will allow you to self-drive the houseboat, without a captain's license or any other experience. Pilots are on hand to help park your boat.
The boats are fully equipped with with a fore-cabin that has a double bed, storage space and bench seat that doubles as a child's bed, a fully fitted kitchen, compact head with a shower, comfortable inside dining area, bedding, captain's handbook and safety equipment that includes a fire extinguisher, life jackets, and first aid kit.
- The charter base offers the following additional services and facilities:
- Pilots that help you feel at ease and park your boat
- Bathrooms with shower cabins and vanity (Hair dryers are also provided in the showers for women);
- Covered terrace overlooking the estuary where you can relax and have a drink;
- Renting of fishing rods and towable tubes;
Houseboat services that are carried out at a designated jetty and include the following:
- Fill up with fresh water
- Re-fuelling (if required)
- Cleaning and pumping of toilets
- Check motor cooling system and oil level
- Rubbish removal
- Re-supply LP Gas (if required)